Friday, August 31, 2018

New Baden Cavalry, Artillery, and Infantry from Murawski

Over the past several months, Murawski has been expanding their 28 mm Baden range. In addition to their existing Line Infantry and Jagers, they now have infantry in campaign dress (including grenadiers with covered bearskins?), a new Baden Foot Artillery set, and, joy of joys, the latest release, the long awaited Baden Light Dragoons.

As has been discussed, the Baden contingent makes a nice "pocket army - the entire army consisted of 1 Light battalion, 8 Line battalions, 3 batteries (one of horse artillery), and a regiment each of Light Dragoons and Hussars. There was also a squadron of Guard du Corps and a battalion of Foot Guards, but I don't believe either of them saw service in the field.

To make a Baden force even more attractive, they have a great deal available now through September 7th:

New Baden cavalry!
Just received the Baden cavalry - They are not on the website yet but are available at a cost of £12 for 3 command, or £12 for 3 troopers. Unit deals as per the website.
As a special introductory offer which I will run until Friday the 7th of September, the following:
Baden - campaign:
2 x 36 battalions
6 x skirmishers
2 x artillery crews and French 8lb guns
3 x mounted officers
12 x cavalry
SPECIAL PRICE (including shipping): £150
If you require a Polish deal the same, then please email and I am sure we can sort something out.
All orders must be placed and paid for in full by the 7th of September.

From posts on their facebook page, a mix and match using Baden and Polish units or all Polish is also possible - just email the owner! 

Baden Light Dragoon troopers


Light Dragoon Command


Pose variants


Rear view of Light Dragoons.



Artillery Crew


Rear view


Infantry in Campaign dress



More Campaign dress



Skirmishers


? Covered bearskins?


Grenadier or ? Footguards; note epaulettes. 


Maybe they really mean covered helmets?


For Baden Uniform information, see the following previous blog posts:





Sadly, I have enougbn Baden infantry, so I can't really take advantage of this deal... but I will certainly be buying a unit of  the Light Dragoons and a Battery by the end of the year anyway!

22 comments:

  1. Truly we are in a golden age of miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yews, indeed, that we can have such marvelous sculpt of rather obcure subjects!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Add the deal to the Badners you already have, and you'd have almost the entire army yourself, Jon! :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking figures,sounds like a good deal but no more Napoleonic figures till I've painted the one' I've got (or at least half)!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, when has THAT ever stopped us? 😎

      Delete
  4. I love the proportions on those. It's very nice to see sculptors moving to more realism and less cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think these are Pau Hicks sculpts, but they are made to be similar to Murawski Poles, which are. The Brigade Games Spanish are Hicks sculpts also.

      Delete
  5. I received the notification on these and am seriously tempted. I just wish I could remember how many Baden line battalions I purchased a couple of years ago (and where I put them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hopefully you got 2 line battalions and the Jagers. In that case, this deal would seem to complete the army,

      As fir finding the figures, considering that you are leading a life in lead, perhaps the inability to do to is an early warning sign of Pb poisoning? ��

      Delete
    2. I do wonder at times Peter, I really do. I keep all email receipts from previous orders which helps me catalogue what I have purchased, but unfortunately I only got a Paypal summary with that one. I might have a look over the weekend if I get time...

      Delete
    3. I started a census of my lead pile, which isn't really too bad, a few years ago, but never moved beyond the first stage! :-)

      Delete
  6. Great looking sculpts again from Murawski!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how can i buy just a cavalry set ...please let me know thank you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I see he still hasn't added the Baden Cavalry to the website. If you email him with specifics, I am sure he will get back to you in a day or two:

      enquiries@murawskiminiatures.com

      Peter

      Delete
  8. I have mine on the table at the moment, should be off before christmas!

    cheers
    Matt
    Hercé Salon de Guerre
    Mayenne
    France

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent; you will have to share some picture of them when they are done. Being seriously over budget for 2018, these will have to wait for 2019 for me!

      Delete