"Springtime for Nappy in Poland", 1807:
The Friedland Campaign
The next Campaign in a Day event will be held at The Portal, 60 Hilliard Street in Manchester, CT, from 10 AM until 5 PM. As in the past, the rules used will be a slightly modified version of Snappy Nappy by Rus Lockwood. Roughly 20 or so players will command a Corps or the equivalent as they maneuver hundreds of 25 mm miniature soldiers across more than a dozen tables representing the theater of operations. Typically, we provide doughnuts and coffee in the morning and pizza in the afternoon; The Portal has non alcoholic beverages for sale. Registration is free, but we ask that you consider purchasing something at The Portal, a fantastic games store, in appreciation for their hosting us once again. I will be the GM for this year's event, assisted by Mark T. We already have 18 players registered, but we can accommodate several more. To register comment on this post, or write to Gonsalvo AT aol DOT com.


Sounds great! Pity Im in the wrong continent, have fun!
ReplyDeleteBest Iain
We could try having a transatlantic remote C-in-C! :-)
DeleteHi Gonsalvo,
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic event concept! Running a 20-player campaign across a dozen tables with Snappy Nappy sounds like proper wargaming grand strategy at its best. Like Iain, I’m on the wrong side of the Atlantic to take part, but I'll be looking forward to reading the battle report afterwards!
All the best, Andy
Thanks, Andy. These are always special events!
DeleteAn interesting campaign to try, sounds great! :)
ReplyDeleteWrite ups in October!
DeleteLooks like good one. I don't see this campaign gamed much.
ReplyDeleteWe'll see how it goes; just finished doing the 23 Table maps; now I have to do the connections between them!
DeleteSounds like a great event. I’d love to attend but am also in the U.S. Best of luck and cheers to the shop hosting the event.
DeleteThanks, Neil; the support of the store is critical; we use all or almost all of their sixteen 4 x 6 foot Miniatures gaming tables (they have lots of other board gaming tables in the other room). for free.
DeleteI'll look forward to this Peter. Eylau has long been one of my favourite battles but I have only ever played it in an old SPI boardgame.
ReplyDeleteEylau has already happened by now ( we did that campaign in a Day a number of years ago). In this event, we are picking up the action shortly after the end of the Siege of Danzig.
DeleteI have done Eyalu at least three times; I even made custom terrain for it which I still have:
https://blundersonthedanube.blogspot.com/2011/09/battle-of-eylau-february-8-1807.html
Hard to believe that was 15 years ago now. Yikes!