Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2026

New Books on the American Revolutionary War, and beyond

 

This is from our long time book loving freind - a slew of great uniforms in this one, and more!

I got this one with our 1776Campaign in a Day event planned for 2027 in mind. 

Got this used copy for my Brandywine game planning ,and an excellent one it is!

The big sweep of events in a critical year; very engaging!

How the American victories at Trenton and Princeton came about. 


Well, those Brunswickers  aren't going to paint themselves, are they?

More details on the British army

A good overview of the most important campaigns of the American Revolutionary War

Another title from our freind

and another

and yet another!

8 comments:

  1. Some interesting books there Peter. Like most I have pile of Ospreys but nowadays forget to look at them, heading to the internet as the first point of call. It is only later I remember to refer back to them and remember how much useful information they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are better than others, for sure, but most contain a wealth of detail that can be hard to find elsewhere!

      Delete
  2. A great haul of books there, some great titles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donny; I have been enjoying reading them!

      Delete
  3. Hi Peter,

    Cracking collection of titles! You can never have too many reference books when there are Brunswickers waiting on the painting table. Osprey and uniform guides really are invaluable for getting those obscure facing colours and lace details just right.

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Andy. Brunswick troops are probably for Q1 2028, and not too many of hem!

      Delete
  4. That's a pile of reading material Peter. I have a pdf version of the first one, and I also have physical copies of the Napoleonic one and the 19th Century Wars one as well - they are a great series of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting; I didn't know there were the other versions!

      Delete