Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Recent Acquisitions


Scenic Express had their usual Memorial Day sale, and with hundreds of Hittites to base this summer, I took advantage of that to stock up on Tufts...


I also got some roofing sheets for my still-in-progress scratch built Tirolese buildings.


Reading the instructions, I may need to get some special glue to attach these to the roofs. 


Needing an extra few dollars on a non wargaming Amazon order to qualify for free shipping, I added some Chinese polyhedral dice sets.


Hard to beat 49 dice for about $12! These should finish replacing the bulk of the losses from The Great Dice Caper. 


Not sure I will use the dice bags that came with the set, but who knows? 


Gratuitous Golden Retriever picture...
"No, you can't come in the Thermo-Spa!... even if you drop your ball into it"

12 comments:

  1. I wish I had known about that Scenic Express sale as I am a big fan of the Silflor range.

    As for the gratuitous Golden Retriever picture; well to my mind it perfectly sums up what has to be the best breed of dog I have had the good fortune to own (even though I have very much warmed to our Beagle and would not be without him now).

    Any more of these and I might just surprise the wife with a couple of GR puppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The international shipping might have not made it worthwhile for you, though. It was 15% off; a help but not a huge discount.

      My older daughter has 2 Beagles. They're good, but I strongly prefer our Goldens. Take it from me ONE Golden Retriever Puppy is great; two is one too many. Get a second 2-3 years later! :-)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I think if I ever bought two home I'd be the one who was shown the door.

      Delete
    3. Could be, but... they're so CUTE! :-)

      Delete
  2. Cute pups! Their concerted focus on the ball is great.

    I have never tried the Silflor tufts being a dedicated Tajima1 man, myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are retrievers, after all! Water and a ball or other object to retrieve = happy dogs!

      I have in mind to try your Tajima tufts at some point.

      Delete
  3. Great to hit a sale! The roofing material looks great and there is never enough golden retriever photos!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, but be careful what you ask for! :-)

      Delete
  4. Great acquisitions; and oh my, I love your doggies! What's more fun than a barrel of monkeys? A regiment of retrievers, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dean! Rory, Zoe, Annie, Maddie, and Brooke would agree with you! :-)

      Delete
  5. That Plastruct roofing looks very interesting! Just need to find a uk stockist now!

    Great Retriever pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't help you there, but I do plan to put it to use soon!

      Delete