Friday, April 20, 2018

Mounted Spanish Officers


With our Snappy Nappy Peninsular Campaign in a Day just a little over a week away, I needed some more Spanish Command figures. 


I had 2 "left over" officer figures from my Brigade Games Dragoon regiments, so they were called up for service!


The blue saddle blanket is a documented but not officially sanctioned variant for Generals; I used it for variety. 


Likewise the light blue sash - doubtless of some foreign military Order!


I should probably go back and "black line" the gold/red transition on the (official) red saddle blanket.



I have a lot more troop nearing completion in time for the event. I may or may not be able to post them all before then!

14 comments:

  1. Looks great Peter. Slightly bigger than my wee chaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jon. hey are a bit larger, aren't
      they? :-)

      Delete
  2. A couple of truly snappy chappies for your Snappy Nappy campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work, Peter! While Hicks sculpts terrific humanoids, his equines look a little light in the rear and hindquarters. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really notice it, but once you point it out, yes they could be more "plump in the rump", as it were. I think Horse anatomy is one of the harder things for our sculptors to get right - some are too small, too short, too thin. The "new" 1970's Minifigs ECW horses were notorious for having fat arses, to put it in British terms, but they looked great with the riders affixed.

      Delete
  4. nicely done, I am really impressed with the Brigade line of Napoleonic figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very nice range. We will be seeing quite a few more Brugade Games figures in the next few weeks!

      Delete
  5. Lovely looking Spanish command!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done, and I'm looking forward to you Spanish army's first outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lawrence. The Spanish will be veterans a week fr\om now, as their debut is the Snappy Nappy Campaign event a week from today.

      Delete