Sunday, April 7, 2019

ECW - Parliamentary Officers


For King and Parliament  can require a fair amount of Leaders, and definitely more than I had, so I got two sets of the Old Glory Senior officers, and selected the more suitable figures for each side (Old Glory also makes specific personality sets as well). 


Six of these figures are Old Glory; the base 2nd from the right is the Minifigs version of Oliver Cromwell, with a spare trooper; those figures were recycled and rebased onto suitable round bases. . 


The Old Glory set has quite a nice variety of poses and costume. 2 figures per base indicates a "General" in FK&P terms.


I used white and yellow Tufts on the bases for the Parliamentarian leaders.

Rebased Minifgs;  in this case the Minifigs version of Sir Thomas Fairfax serves as the Army commander, if I recall correctly.


3 figures per base represents an Army commander for FK&P purposes. As King Charles is invariably seen with his Cavalier spaniel, I decided that this time it should be the Parliamentary C-in-C going to the dogs!


I mistakenly purchased the ultra thin 1.5 mm plywood for these bases; the good thing is that allows me to build up and fill the bases wirh spackling compound, which makes the base a bit more realistic looking.



I will use these singly mounted leaders use as "Colonels" in FK&P.



Three of them are Dixon (IIRC) figures Joe had given me nearly 20 years ago.



 The other two are newly painted  Old Glory figures. 

First crocuses; these are the lavender petalled "Firefly" variety, which bloom especially early., and are always the first blooms of Spring on our property. 

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful job...and splendid colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on your commanders! An army needs leaders and now yours has plenty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were lacking in Leadership, but that is now well rectified!

      Delete
  3. A very fine group Peter. I remember when You’d get away with one general per side for renaissance games, but must admit I much prefer those with a bit more command and control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Lawrence; I think my original ECW army had just 4 command figures - Charles, Rupert, Fairfax, and Cromwell... because that was all that Minifigs made!

      Delete
  4. Great figures nice eye catching Commanders

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stuff old chap, had to go through the same (albeit smaller) leader expansion programme myself, that along with the dead and dying the new terrain etc etc. There sure is a lot of work in adapting to a new game system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; yes, I have a pile of causality figures to do as well, about half done painting them. I just finished laying out an 8" grid for a new cloth as well. That's the easy part, now for the many, many coats of different colored spray paints!

      Delete
  6. Nice looking bunch of command, I've just picked up some more BCW command too,I like your recycled Fairfax,splendid!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. Fairfax does come off as rather a Dandy here, doesn't he?

      Delete
  7. A great set of commanders to lead your armies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. In Saturday's game,. for the first time in memory, not a single commander was hit!

      Delete
  8. A wonderful portfolio of what's what and you still had time to moderate a game. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete