I really want to try to hold my hobby expenditures to $1,500 or less for 2018. My goal last year was to keep expenses under $1,000, and I failed utterly and miserably at that, spending almost 3 times that amount. The Spanish army and unusually heavy convention related expenses were among the culprits.
1) Finish our Lannes Napoleonic "Campaign". That was a goal for last year as well, but we only managed to do one battle! We have three to go, and the first is now scheduled for later this month. That could set the stage for another short campaign jusing Brent Oman's "Seasons of Battle" when it is released later this year.
2) Run a game for Jared's Middle School gaming club - this was rescheduled from December due to snow, now scheduled for the end of January. This will be a big Punic Wras game using To the Strongest!
3) Host a game at HAVOC in April if my schedule permits. We have had bad luck with snowy conditions the past few years. This would almost certainly be a game using To the Strongest, which is well suited to their =time slots and table sizes - maybe using the Hussites?
4) Maybe participate in a big Napolenic game Jared is running for his club in March using Black Powder.
5) Historicon Games - returning to Lancaster, a far more agreeable drive from Connecticut than Fredericksburg!
A) The big project is the 1809 Talavera Campaign in a Day, featuring Wellesley's return to Portugal and Spain, and using Snappy Nappy. In this case, neither side will have unity of command. Some supply rules (and wagons) and Guerillas are a must, plus infighting Spanish Juntas and French Marshals!
B) Battle of Talavera itself as a game, using Field of Battle 2nd edition
C) Probably one or two games with To the Strongest!, opponents to be determined.
D) Play in Tim and/or Jared's game(s), or others!
As needed to finish my Spanish Napoleonic project - mostly command for the Line cavalry and Garochistas when they becomes available, eventually a unit of Hussars and/or Cazadores a Caballo, maybe some Perry line and/or Militia to round out the force, maybe some additional high command figures.
Use Army card before it expires in early March to buy Highlanders, any other odds and ends needed from Old Glory..
Maybe one unit of Perry Nassau troops? I have had my eye on them for a while, and they fought (as part of the CoR) at Talvaera, along with the Frankfurters. Hot dog!
As I said last year, if my purchases stay low (which they were anything but!), I might flesh out the rest of the lead for my Eureka Tyrolian Rebellion project; that would be late in 2018 or more likely early in 2019. Of course, If Murawski releases Baden Light Dragoons and or Artillery, they will soar to the top of the "Must Have" (and must paint) list once again.
1) Finish the Spanish Napoleonic army by June so that is ready for Historicon.
2) Make a substantial dent in the huge pile of Macedonians acquired from Edgar in late 2015 (carried over from 2017 with no progress)
3) Great Italian Wars - The Essex Gendarmes, and maybe a new Pike block (carried over from 2017 with no progress).
4) Consider starting the Tyroleans in the Fall of 2018... or painting the additions to my ECW lead to be used for For King and Parliament.
5) Avoid starting any other new projects!
Keep about the same pace of posting as I have the past 3 years (circa 100 post per year().
Work on the Renaissance Galley rules - another holdover from 2017. Not likely to happen before the second half of 2018.