Sunday, September 29, 2019

2nd Quarter Statistics - Long Overdue!




Since it is a day away from the end of the 3rd Quarter, I figured I'd better get my stats up for the 2nd Quarter at least!

Expenses:

April 2019
Bill McHugh's troops $445.86  (Hittites, Assyrians, Sea Peoples and Normans) 
Joann's (felt for new gridded cloth, Delta ceramcoat paints) $42
Home Depot (spray paint for cloth, spackling compound for buildings $29
The Portal (Dice) $20.50

May 2019
Staples (really useful Boxes, 15% discount) 131.55
Scenic Express (Lots of Tufts, Plastruct wood shingle sheets)  $91.36

June 2019
Amazon (dice) $12

2nd Quarter Total:   $782.27

Much higher than planned due to the purchase of Bill's troops for essentially $1/figure. 


Painting:

April 2019
16 ECW Mounted Leaders = 160 pts

May 2019
Nil

June 2019
45 ECW Casulaty figures = 225 pts
8 Baden (light) Dragoons = 80 pts
Tony's troops 22 foot + 1 mounted 20mm = 96 pts

2nd Quarter Total:  561 points

Decent, would have been better if I had finished painting something in May!


Games:

On the plus side, it was a good quarter for Games - Play tested and then ran Soggy Bottom at Havoc, played in and assisted with setting up the glorious 1814 Campaign in a Day at The Portal, and play tested my Alpine Wagon train scenario. 

14 comments:

  1. Still very restrained Peter, especially as you purchased such a nice collection which was too good to miss. I wonder if there is any scope to award yourself some additional points on the painting side given that the collection was essentially painted, albeit requiring some refurbishment, as they have gone almost directly to the completed side of the ledger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry, I plan to credit myself half points when they are refurbished and re-based! :-)

      Delete
  2. Without the purchase of the Biblical collection, your spending was down right misery! Better get with it in Q3 or FY2020 Budget may be sliced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Jon! Actually, unpainted lead will be a very small item on the budget for 2019; I really don't expect to buy any the rest of the year. I have quite enough to paint already, and at present my plans for 2020 don't require much in the way of new lead. Of course, there's always a sale on the horizon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive purchase of Ancients there Peter. I am continually tempted to expand my Ancients collection but with the little fellas of course! I would be interested to see how your felt turns out. Although I have modular terrain I am considering buying felt to create different theatres. My 'green' terrain is a little too green for southern Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon, you can see the results of the felt in my Soggy Bottom report from Historicon: https://blundersonthedanube.blogspot.com/2019/07/historicon-2019-3-are-two-soggy-bottoms.html

      It is similar to the other using a brown heather type felt and many many passes of spray paint, except this one has a 150 cm "grid" marked by dark brown dots at the corners of the grid.

      Delete
  5. The biblical armies were too good a bargain to miss, but you will excuse me if I am not entirely convinced about " not expecting to buy anymore in 2019"
    Surely you don't expect us to fall for that one!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I really do not expect to buy any more figures for 2019, at very least until December. I have plenty of unpainted lead on hand for multiple eras and no big projects in the works. But, that doesn't mean no money will be spent...

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Intentions and reality have a way of diverging, no doubt!

      Delete
  7. Always great to read your review of your activities Peter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Carlo! Hopefully the Q3 stats will be somewhat more timely! :-)

      Delete