Thursday, August 13, 2020

Wizard Kraft Rivers, redux

Unfortunately, a year or so ago, the bulk of my collection of Wizard Kraft blue rivers disappeared to parts unknown. I really love this stuff (see my pots related to their Kickstarter a few years back), and there really isn't anything else quite like it. Fortunately, I was finally able to procure replacements and more for all of the rivers I had purchased over 20+ years direct from William. 


20 l;near feet of straight 1" (water width) rivers, including 3 foerds, some 8" and 4" sections, and many with rocks as well. Virtually none are the same!


 32 x 45 degree curves!


 Once again, almost no two pieces are exactly the same, and many have the new "rocks" added as well.  


1" extras of various kinds 


It isn't obvious at first, but 2 Y's can be used to make an island within a river, such as at Landshut! I love the new swamp designs William did for the Kickstarter as well. The end pieces come in very handy, and two of them together can make a small lake or pond.


I use 2" (water width) rivers for major rivers (in 28 mm), such as the Danube or the Elbe.  


 Once again, each piece is unique!


2" extras.... 

3 Forks, 15 curves (William included quite a bit of langniappe with my order!), 4 end pieces and three swamp pieces. 


Tim from the UK participated in the order as well, and got this awesome collection of 1/2" rivers (streams). Using much less of the resin, flock, etc that William uses to create these pieces, the set was surprisingly reasonable.


The Kickstarter back in 2016 kind of exhausted William, and he decided to go with just selling at local conventions thereafter, for the most part, but has done mail orders for some past or highly interested new customers. With no conventions happening this year, he's open to some additional orders. If anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with him.   

14 comments:

  1. Nice haul but how did you lose all of your river sections? Was that Kickstarter really back in 2016? Seems like yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well, that is the 1K question, and the answer is, "I don't know!".
      Delivery of product was in 2017, so a little over 3 years. I am just happy to have the rivers back; it has psychologically inhibited me from running scenarios with rivers for the past year and a half. :-)

      Delete
  2. The streams look particularly useful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an exceptionally nice product. I had never seen the 1/2" streams, and they're excellent!

      Delete
  3. Brilliant, yes so necessary for so many scenarios! That stash will see you right, especially with all your buddy's streams as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to do Wagram at least one more time, and that needs a lot of stream/river terrain!

      Delete
  4. There should certainly be enough to cater for most scenarios there Peter. I very nice collection of rivers indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more than a bit over the top, but I really love this product, and I wasn't sure when I could get more!

      Delete
  5. I have a huge collection of Wizardkraft bought at our local convention. William has been coming for years. He had serious health issues earlier this year and our convention was canceled because of COVID, so it's good to hear he's sending out orders by mail now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about the health issues, although I believe he battled with a Pneumonia or similar when he was working on fulfilling the Kickstarter. I've been buying Wizard Kraft terrain for at least 20 years. It's great stuff!

      Delete
  6. Peter you are a wargamer so close to my own heart. There is no point going into a project unless you are sure you can cater for every permutation. "Too much terrain and figures is never enough" is my motto. Fantastic looking gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and LOL, Carlo! At 65, I am beginning to think I have enough stuff... but then reality takes hold! :-)
      Seriously, the past year has seen a huge dent made in the lead pile, which had become rather large by my standards,. I still have plenty omn hand, though. Were it not for Covid, I'd be thinking of shifting focus to more games and less painting, but...

      Delete
  7. Great looking river sections, it does seem much more recently than 2016 that you got the last lot!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete