Wednesday, September 7, 2022

ECW/Renaiisance Limbers

 


This is a small "catch up" post.


Just a pair of limbers for the ECW/TYW ear. although I suppose they could be stretched back as far as 1500 or so. 


I painted these some years ago, and rebased them last year, but they somehow never made it into the queue, so here they are now!


Limbers look great on the table, but they take up a lot of space (perhaps realistically)!


I also hate painting them up, so these will almost certainly be the only ones for the Pike and Shot era! 
However they can now officially pass into the "painted: tally! 


15 comments:

  1. I too hate painting limbers and teams - but once done they do enhance a game .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting limbers is low priority to me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have about 6 Napoleonic ones to do... still waiting!

      Delete
  3. Yup definitely in the 'do I have too !?' category but always nice additions to tabletop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that they finally get shown! Limbers are a must, they help lend dignity to what otherwise would be a vulgar brawl (they are part of the artillery arm, after all) and show how much real estate the firepower actually commands. I have 8 done up for my various Napoleonic armies. Just think of them as cavalry units....with really long range pistols.

    But then, I enjoy re-basing units as well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew my favorite Limber aficionado would chime in! :-)
      Still have French, British, and Bavarian limbers on hand to paint, plus the pontoon train!

      Delete
  5. BTW, like what you did with the tufts to spruce up the stand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've done a line of tufts on the edges most of my limber and cart stands (Oddly, I like painting carts!).

      Delete
  6. I agree in that limbers always seem like a chore, but there is something quite satisfying about them when they are done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, they do make a good show.
      A few per army is enough, though! :-)

      Delete
  7. I am barely into my Napoleonic project but I have added some limbers already to the painting queue, your universal renaissance limbers look excellent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiver me Limbers!
      Putting limbers in the queue fairly early is a bold move!

      Delete