Wednesday, October 4, 2023

New Austrian Commanders

 

Ready just in time for this weekend's Campaign in a Day event, there are some new command bases fro the Austrians


There's a mix of manufacturers in use here!


The foot figure is a spare Old Glory artillery officer painted as an officer of the supply train, and the others are Foundry figure from their  "Early Austrian Command" set, purchased at Historicon 2022.


Some black lining with an ink pen was used on the saddle trim and the sashes. 


Where there are Austrians, the HAS to be a long line of supply wagons behind them, right?


The second group are again drawn from a mix of manufacturers.


All but  the white coated General are by Piano Wargames from the last KS.
 

He is from the Foundry "Early Command" set.


;' I've swapped the Piano Wargames General and adjutant by their paint schemes. 

16 comments:

  1. Just in time production. I like ‘em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon. They will be on the tables in less than 3 days!

      Delete
  2. Very handsome indeed - I like them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent looking Austrian command!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iain. Most opf the rules I play require a number of command figures, and it seems I'm always needing something I don't have! :-)

      Delete
  4. Lovely work Peter, and the different manufacturers mix well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lawrence. Command figures for the Austrians and particular have generally been fairly slim pickings in the past, so I'm always happy to find new and different ones, especially any other than Karl!

      Delete
  5. Quite a good addition to your Austrian collection and just in time for Saturday 's SN event. Good luck to the white menace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joe. I am really looking forward to this one. I'll pack the car later today, and I hope to be to The Portal by mid afternoon on Friday to set it all up, with help.

      Delete
  6. Nice paintjobs, your should be happy with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully the troops are happy with them, too!

      Delete
  7. It has always amazed me why more people don't have Austrian armies since they were Napoleon's most persistent opponents. Sure they can be clunky on the tabletop - but that's what generalship is for! Looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully concur; my own Austrian army is huge, only slightly smaller than my French forces.

      Delete
  8. Very nice Peter. I particularly like how you have mixed the different manufacturers figures together. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carlo. Some of them get their introduction to Command later today! :-)

      Delete