Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Voluntarios de Castilla - Spanish Line Infantry, 1805 uniform

Regimiento de Infanteria de Linea de Voluntarios de Castilla (Line Infantry Regiment "Volunteers of Castile"), seen here in their 1805 uniform. 


Crimson lapels, cuffs, and shoulder tabs, piped white (which piping I have left off, except on the shoulder tab as inconspicuous abutting the white uniform), collars and turn-backs white piped crimson.


The drummer is once again in the "Royal Livery", dark blue jacket with red facings, piped white. 


Flag is once again by Adolfo Ramos. He doesn't do a flag for this particular regiment, so I have co-opted the Ordenanza of the Aragon regiment (sharp eyes will note the badge of Aragon in the corners, "Or, four palletts of gules", as opposed to that of Castile, "Gules, a Tower argent").


This unit is the first of several using Three Armies figures. They are very nice sculpts, if a bit heftier than the Brigade games figures, more of which will also be seen soon. 

14 comments:

  1. Nice work, Peter! I have a battalion of the Three Armies Spanish primered but not yet in the painting queue. I agree that they are good looking figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon. I'll be interested to see how your come out. The remaining Three Armies units (3) will likely be painted as one each Irish, Swiss, and one in the 1802 unifoprm

      Delete
  2. Excellent stuff. I am really enjoying how this project is turning out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jake! I am up to 11 infantry units painted already ( 2 more yet to post), and will likely do some of the Grenadiers next.

      Delete
  3. Awesome mix of white and crimson colors, they look superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, and I love Spanish drummers in the Royal livery.

    All those buttons must have driven you to distraction - there are a lot more exposed on these figures than I remember having to deal with on the Front Rank Spanish I tackled. Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lawrence. I rather enjoyed doing the buttons, actually. It is just about the last thing I paint, so at that point the unit is pretty much done. I think it really adds a "finshed" touch to the uniform and figures.

      Delete
  5. These are storming along, great work Peter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark. I have been in pretty high painting gear, but notjing like what you are capable of! :-)

      Delete
  6. Nice classic Spanish line, white with bicorne what's not to like? Good looking sculpts as well I think.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. I think it is shaping up to be quite an attractive army. Now if looks can win battles...

      Delete
  7. And they just keep coming ! Another splendid unit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Garry. Quite a few more yet to come as well!

      Delete