Wednesday, August 28, 2019

The Lodestone miniature buildings #3: Raised Market and Tower

Another pair of buildings from the Lodestone Kickstarter...



I think this is one of my favorites from the Village set.


The raised Market building...


Carton  contents...


Unpacked


magnetic snap-  on assembly starts and proceeds quickly... very quickly!


Two eave end p[nels attached. 

Third side panel attached.


What goes in the gap?


An extension box!


Final side panel attached. 


Roof attached.


Stairs attached. Total assembly time - less than 1 minute!


Final version with the shutters assembled, then painted, then attached, then black wash applied. Beams painted earlier, as was the external staircase. 


I later sprayed on two coats of matt varnish. 



The "Kickstarter exclusive" Tower. 


Carton contents


Three Small basic boxers in this one. 


Pretty obvious how these go together!


Attaching the skins to the top floor.


Nest the roof sections


are added.


The gables.


Adding more skins to the sides.


Done!

Final Tower with shutters and painted items added.


I went with dark grey for the shutters on this building.


All ready for the tabletop!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon; I agree. Great concept and execution. I am eager to see what they have in their next KS.

      Delete
  2. Very nice, and that extra little bit of attention really adds to the overall effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pair of buildings,I really like the covered market!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iain. I think that one is my favorite as well!

      Delete
  4. Wow that is very cool! Though how solid are they assembled? With magnets I'd think they'd still get out of kilter if you knocked them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have to be a bit careful when moving them.. lift them from the bottom. The skins and roofs are quite solidly attacked, but if you knock them moderately hard, the "basic box" sections with their attached skins certainly can separate. Some of that is because the tops of the basic boxes are not glued on - that is to allow for inserts for room interiors, etc. I am strongly considering gluing them in place myself. Even should they come apart, they snap back together with the magnets in seconds.

      Delete
    2. Ok interesting, thanks Peter!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Ray. I am very happy with the concept and execution both!

      Delete