Wednesday, December 11, 2019

A Gaggle of Gabions!

Got all of the (29!) Gabion sections I purchased from Acheson Creations last month painted and  ready for the Siege game Saturday! 


We will be using the near final draft of Eric Burgess's forth coming siege warfare rules, "Vauban's Wars". 


I am very happy with how easily and nicely these painted up!


A couple of British guns for scale comparison purposes. 


The height and width are just about perfect for use with my bases. 


Same thing for these British infantry. 


Steady, men!


Hold the line!


Once again, the scale looks just right. 


"Old Nosey" takes refuge in a gabioned bastion. 


"He's just another pounder!"

27 comments:

  1. Great looking gabbions! Rapidly turned around too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. I wanted to be sure they would be ready for this weekend"s game.

      Delete
  2. Useful and beautiful, stunning collection of gabbions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, Phil. This SHOULD be all I ever need...

      Delete
  3. Good, something to hide behind as I batter the works......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Peter! Can't wait for the playtest report!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you just using them for gun emplacements? Not the parallels, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the gun emplacements. I have 6" long sections for infantry positions.

      Delete
  6. BTW Peter, with little effort I think you could tweak Vauban's Wars for ECW sieges too. They are much less sophisticated, so you could add and drop parts of the rules as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lot of gabions, they came out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great Peter, a really useful addition to your collection - you know how much I love siegeworks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These really came up well Peter. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant, looks great and very useful things to have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark. As I was setting up the game I discovered another four sections of 6" long earthworks that I had base spray painted a few years ago, and then forgotten about. So I really am well supplied with siege works. :-)

      Delete
  11. Useful items indeed for whole horse and musket period

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gary. yes, probably usable back as far as the Great Italian Wars, even.

      Delete
  12. They look great! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete