For the past week the core planning group have been discussing the fate of this event given the Covid-19 pandemic. As some of you may know, I am a Family Physician myself and have been dealing with Covid issues daily for the past 2 weeks at least. It has become clear in the past few days that holding this event as scheduled would be unwise for health reasons. Indeed, the Governor of Connecticut today issued an advisory against meetings of even 10 or more persons, and has closed schools, restaurants, health clubs, etc for at least the next 2 weeks; I would be surprised if these closures lasted less than 2 months at minimum. I am still hopeful that we might run the event at Historicon in July, and have laready registered to do so assuming that it is held; I would give that 50/50 myself, especially for such a large gathering.
As almost all of the development work has been done for this event, I certainly hope to run it in the future here in Connecticut perhaps this October, and Historicon - if not in 2020, perhaps 2021? We will see; we are living in very uncertain times, and that is likely to continue for many months at least. We will stay in touch once the situation clarifies and it becomes possible to make meaningful plans for future events.
Meanwhile, this looks the be year I do more painting than usual...
Best wishes to you all, and stay well!