Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Wennefer? Nefermaat!

I just finished up the new Egyptian figures I got during the Black Tree Designs sale last month; the rest will come in time, which is fine as there is no rush. In the process, I decided that my Egyptian Generals and Heroes needed some decent names, so I grabbed a bunch of historical ones on line, trying to avoid those of Pharaohs as much as possible, especially the more famous ones,. and looking for those with some bad joke potential in particular.


These are BTD "Egyptian Monks" A bit "Kung-Fu" inspired, perhaps?


They will function as "Heroes" in "To the Strongest".


Here we have Amenhotep (red), Bakenrenef (yellow), Cephren (green), and Dedumose (blue).


Can't you just hear Yoda saying "When the Force it leaves you, Dedumose be!"


These are BTD Egyptian Sword Masters, plus an officer from a Command set.


The Swordsmen have the classic Egyptian "Kopesh" curved bronze swords.  The dropped yellow shield was after three attempt to crazy glue it on all resulted in it falling off upon minimal handling.  I had to go back and scrape all the glue and paint and primer off the join; hopefully the last attempt succeeds in making a better adhesion than the first three!


This group includes Hunefer, Imhotep, Kheti. and Merenptah. 


Hunefer was known for his Playmummy mansion, while Kheti was later made famous by The Big Bang Theory. You know, "Soft Kheti, warm Kheti...


This is a unit of BTD swordsmen. once again armed with the classic Kopesh, augmented by a command figure (hornist) and a Swordmaster or two. 


Their yellow accessories marks them as belonging to Division Ra in my scheme. 


Other historical names I'm borrowing for my previously painted heroes and generals include Nefermaat, Pensekhemet, Rekmire, Senenmut (sounds kinda dirty, doesn't it), Osorkon (the Orc counter to Historicon, doubtless), Useramen, and Wennefer ("Wennefer-U need me, I'll be there"). 


Like all Ancient Egyptians, it seems, these guys appear to have been serious gym rats, LOL! In any event, they should be on the table for a TtS game at Portal Con in Manchester, CT this Saturday. 

25 comments:

  1. Puns on ancient Egyptian names. You're officially out of the will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice figs... but stop it! Just stop it! Well, I suppose I'll have to make the Moses of it.

      Delete
    2. Heh, heh. We'd better hope Tim doesn't see this thread, or it will be the Pun-ic Wars all over again!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It has been said that there is a fine line between genius and insanity, Jake! :-)

      Delete
    2. I was prepared to mock your fine work, but I would simply be in de Nile. Please allow Megiddo your way.

      Delete
  3. THey look splendid, absolutly splendid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phil. You are too generous, though!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Garry. The swordsmen unit will likely represent somewhat inferior troops/levy.

      Delete
  5. Egyptians look great, Peter! However, some of your puns are terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I am still awaiting order fulfillment from BTD's last 50% sale too. We must have buried them in orders.

      Delete
    2. Not a problem at all on my end, I expected that it would take a while to complete the order. They pretty much implied that in announcing the sale. I was happy to get as much as I did and quite promptly. At 50% off, I can wait several months if necessary! Beside, that will allow me to return to my Murawski Badeners, which are about half done now.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I am patient with ordering from BTD too. They can have a long lead time if needed. I won't run out of anything to paint this decade.

      Excellent news on your Badeners! Mine are still in the shipping box...

      Delete
  6. Look great nice to have named command, think you've seen one too many carry on films though!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to google that transatlantic reference - I clearly have missed a vast treasure trove of silliness!

      Delete
  7. Even though you made an asp of yourself w the puns, these are fine figures. Hip-Hip Hoo -Rah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Punny Peter. Love those figures! Have you considered leaving Shield on the ground/base? I thought it was intentional and a nice variation at first. BTW if you go to Melbourne Australia their accent makes Peter sound a bit like Ptah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might think of gluing the shield to the base if it comes off again. I agree, it didn't look too badly on the base!

      Delete
  9. Lovely stuff Peter. I suppose the one thing I have always loved about Napoleonics as opposed to Ancients is that there is far less gluing involved with the former.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I agree in the gluing! It's one of several reasons why plastics don't particularly interest me.

      Delete