Thursday, December 9, 2021

Marquis of Winchester's Regiment of Horse


The regiment was raised in 1643, and spent most of the war through 1645 besieged no less than three times at Basing House. 


The Marquis of Winchester's cornet bore a motto on a banner AIMEZ LOYAUTE, translated as love loyalty.


Their addition provides another boost top the King's already strong contingent of Horse!


They are a tad less flamboyant than some of their fellow Cavaliers!


The bareheaded fellow was repurposed from a Commander base to make up the full six figure complement of the unit.


I think that about does it for ECW Horse for me. Oh wait, I forgot about those Scotts I just decided to add last month!  :-)


16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's the problem with the Old Glory Army Card; "just a few" easily becomes 200+ :-)

      Delete
  2. I do like this period...and what you've donde with this beautiful and dynamic unit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Peter, and the figures look very characterful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on this unit that has a great dynamic look and feel to them:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking ECW cavalry, Peter. Inspiring and motivating as I'm actually revisiting my ECW project with a goal of getting some Pike & Shotte games in early next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an interesting period; I am very happy to finally get good use out of my ECW troops, the original members of which which are among the oldest in my collection.

      Delete
  6. Great looking cavalry unit, I'm just finishing up a big rebasing for this period, hopefully a game soon!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Iain. Re-basing, ugh! I do have a fair amount to do for this period myself; the rest of my old figures on thick balsa bases really need to be moved onto the 3 mm MDF ones.

      Delete
  7. Another wonderful looking unit Peter. I really like that George Armstrong went back in time to lead them too!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a certain resemblance to Custer, isn't there! :-)

      Delete