Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Sassanid Archers #2

More lead pours off the painting table on its way to Historicon in 1 week!


This is the second unit of  Archers for my Sassanid Persian army. they are Old Glory 28mm figures once again (see the previous post).


I "recruited" a figure from the pack of Sassanid Javelinmen (forthcoming soon) to act as as "officer"  to make this unit look a bit more Persian. 


The color scheme of course is radically different from their Palmyran counterparts.


These formed bowmen sometimes seem like they are mere speed bumps for the shock troops... until they get lucky and knock out a unit or two of them, at which point they're quite annoying!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting and basing, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are a machine! Impressed with how you just keep cranking units out. I find I only make progress when I have a project goal and a due date ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; in this case it is the deadline for my games at Historicon next week that is driving the stepped up productivity!

      Delete
  3. Relentless ! Great looking units

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Garry; when they "absolutely, positively" have to be done by the date of the game, I can usually "Make it so!"

      Delete
  4. Paint is flowing freely from your brushes,Peter! You may need to add a brush resupply at Historicon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I have worn out my Army Painter 3-0, but found my Windsor and Newton again, so all is well!

      Delete