Saturday, July 8, 2017

VI Romans

Here's the last of the BTD Imperial Romans for my Histroricon game on Thursday.


Auxiliary Archers belonging to the "Green" Legion. 


Once again, the fine sculpting of these Black Tree Designs figures really shines. 


The combination of the Vallejo "Oily Steel" and the dark black acrylic "magic wash" works very well on the armor.


The astute observer might note that this unit has only 3 stands, instead of my usual four. About a month ago I found to my chagrin that I was out of  the 30 x 60 mm bases that I use for basing these troops.


This left the final three figures of the unit without a base. So a quick order was sent in to Litko for more bases. of course, it was a few days after their memorial Day sale ended that I recognized my deficiency. So I switched g\gears to working on the cavalry, as I had plenty of 40 x 60 mm bases on hand. That's part of why all the new unit posts are clustered so closely recently.


Litko delivered in record time just 1 week to the day from when I placed the order!  Thanks, Ken and company!


Thus here is the full, four stand unit!

9 comments:

  1. You pounded out all of the new troops in time for your Historicon game. Congratulations on job well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The very last of hem are done and based as of today. I have started with the job of organizing and packing it all up.

      Delete
  2. A great effort Peter, and fast delivery from Litko.

    I always enjoy the smell of the wood when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, eau d' toasted plywood! :-)

      Delete
    2. I, too, love the smell of Litko in the morning!

      Delete
    3. If you close your eyes, it is possible to imagine you are in a Scandinavian plywood forest.

      Delete
    4. LOL, Lawrence!
      It would appear that Litko is missing out on a potential new product - "Toasted Scandinavian Plywoood" deodorant - just the thing to combat the famed "gamer funk" at Conventions! :-)

      Delete
  3. I am trying to get caught up on all your updates. These Roman units all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the BTD Romans are great. NOow, if they only did Caval;ry!

      Delete